The history of 35-mm photography began almost 100 years ago with the legendary Ur-Leica. Today, it is the Leica M9, a landmark camera that carries the proud heritage of Leica M cameras into the digital age. The Leica M9 is the world’s first digital system camera of its size to be built with a full-frame sensor – a CCD sensor developed specifically for the M9 – that is capable of perfectly capturing the full 35-mm format (24 × 36 mm) in ultra-high resolution. The new M9 – in the familiar, classic, and timeless M design, represents the quintessence of its predecessors based on the consummate technological level of our time. It is the perfect contemporary tool for those who set the highest standards in image quality and are committed to creating images of enduring value.
• Camera type Compact digital view and rangefi nder system camera
• Lens attachment Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding
• Picture format/ image sensor
• 5270 x 3516 pixels (18.5 megapixel) CCD chip, active area approx. 23.9 x 35.8 mm; 5212 x 3472 pixels (18 megapixel)
• (corresponding to usable format of analog Leica M models)
• Viewfinder principle Large, bright-line frame viewfinder with automatic parallax compensation
• Serialnumber 4231852